Our History

The Club has come a long way since its formation in 1947 when it lost its first fixture against a College 2nd XV by 24-3. It achieved full membership of the WRU very early in its history in May 1954. After several temporary homes the first Clubhouse was erected on the Plascrug site in 1960. The current Clubhouse was constructed in the mid seventies after a fire burnt down the original prefabricated building. A major extension saw the formation of a lounge bar and extra changing rooms some years later.

A recent refurbishment has had a major effect on the look of the Club and brought its appearance and facilities right up to date.

Further images to view here